Sílvia Sequeira holds a PhD in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage –
Specialization in Conservation Sciences, from Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (2016). Her
thesis entitled “Fungal biodeterioration of paper: Development of safer and accessible
conservation treatments” was supported by an individual grant won in a competitive call,
funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT). Since 2004 her research career
has been focused on the development of sustainable practical solutions for the preservation of
our cultural heritage. She is currently a postdoc researcher with a grant won on a project
(CleanART, PTDC/EPH-PAT/0224/2014) funded by FCT in a competitive call, where she is
developing an innovative method for cleaning fungal stains from documents and works of art
- Sequeira, S.O., Laia, C.A.T., Phillips, A.J.L., Cabrita, E.J., Macedo, M.F., 2017. Clotrimazole and calcium hydroxide nanoparticles: A low toxicity antifungal alternative for paper conservation. Journal of Cultural Heritage 24: 45–52.
- Sequeira, S. O., Phillips, A. J. L., Cabrita, E. J., Macedo, M.F. 2017. Ethanol as an antifungal treatment for paper: short-term and long-term effects. Studies in Conservation 62: 33-42.
- Sequeira, S.O., Phillips, A.J.L., Cabrita, E.J., Macedo, M.F., 2017. Antifungal treatment of paper with calcium propionate and parabens : Short-term and long-term effects. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 120: 203–215.
- Sequeira, S.O., Coutinho, M. L. Lima, J. C., Phillips, A. J. L., Macedo, M.F., Cabrita, E. J. 2016. 4-MUF-NAG for fungal biomass determination: Scope and limitations in the context of biodeterioration studies. Journal of Cultural Heritage 22: 992-998.
- Sequeira, S., Cabrita, E.J., & Macedo, M.F. 2012. Antifungals on paper conservation: An overview. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation. 74:67–86.