PhD student in Art and Design, Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto, Portugal
Parinaz Alsadat Faghihi was born in Yazd – Iran in 1985. She got her Bachelor of Arts in the field of Paintings at Art University of Tehran in 2006 as 1st ranked student. She did her master degree in Paintings during 2011 to 2013. Since 2013 she is a PhD student in Art and Design at the Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto under a grant of FCT Scholarship. She is currently working on her thesis “Public Glass Art in Portugal and Iran: The Development of Approaches Based on the Contemporary Contextualization”. She participated in several solo and group exhibitions in Iran and Portugal and attended several international conferences. She is interested in Glass Arts, Public Art, Art Education and Fine Arts.
Here are the most recent publications:
- Parinaz Faghihi, Fernando Quintas and Teresa Almeida. “Architectural glass in the 18th to 20th centuries in Iran”. 5th International Conference on Glass Science in Art and Conservation. Lisbon, Portugal. June 2017.
- Parinaz Faghihi, Fernando Quintas and Teresa Almeida. “The Impact of the Evolution of Modern Technology on the Public Glass Art”. Public art in the digital creativity era. Porto, Portugal. April 2017.
- Parinaz Faghihi, Fernando Quintas and Teresa Almeida. “The role of education on the improvement of glass art in public spaces”. International Conference on the Arts in Society, Paris, Franc. June 2017.
- Bordalo Pinheiro: 170 anos depois por alunos de Belas artes. ISBN 978-989-746-102-6.
- Parinaz Faghihi, Fernando Quintas and Teresa Almeida. “Preventing Vandalism in Public Glass Art”. CIANTEC — International Congress in Art New Technologies and Communication, Fábrica São Pedro, São Paulo, Brazil, 2016. ISBN 978-85-62814-14-3.